You Have Dry And Cracked Heels? Try Baking Soda
Cracked and dry heels is a painful problem because the skin is dry and has thick brown or yellow callus along the inside border of the heel. Moreover, this condition includes redness, itching, inflammation and peeling skin.
Lack of hydration, dry air, poor diet, poor foot care, hard floors, prolonged standing, wearing the wrong shoe types are some of the causes of cracked heels. Also, there are some other conditions that can lead to this, such as eczema, calluses and corns, thyroid disease, and diabetes.
You need to take the right precautions on time in order to prevent deeper cracks, pain and bleeding.
We are going to share with you a home remedy that is very helpful for treating this condition.
BAKING SODA TREATMENT
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda;
- 4-5 l warm water;
- Brush/pumice stone/soft scrub sponge;
- Lavender essential oil (optional).
- Add the baking soda into the water and stir well until it dissolves. If you like, yo can add a few drops of lavender essential oil for a nice scent and real spa treatment. Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes and than scrub the cracked area either with a sponge or a scrub brush. In the end, apply a layer of high-glycerin moisturizer, coconut oil or Vaseline and put on socks to seal the moisture in.
- Repeat this treatment two times a week and when your heels get better, you can do this 2 times a month throughout the whole summer. If in case you do this before bedtime, sleep with socks.
- If you want a more intense effect, then make a thick paste with baking soda and little water scrubbing the feet before you use the sponge.
- ASPIRIN/ANDOL TABLETS TREATMENT
- Crush into powder 10 aspirin tablets or andol tablets. Then, cover the powder with 250 ml of 70% rubbing alcohol and let it sit for 1-2 days.
- Then, you need to take a cotton ball or gauze and soak it in the mixture. Shake it before using and apply it on your heel. Next, wrap your foot in a plastic foil and put on socks. Leave it overnight.
- The next morning wash your feet with water and dry them with towel. Then you can apply some foot cream or glycerin.
- The positive benefits of the remedy will be visible after 10 treatments. Additionally, if you want some better results, start to exfoliate your heels using a foot scrubber before applying your foot cream.
- Finally, if you suffer from painful varicose veins, this treatment will be helpful. The pain will be relieved after applying it.